Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Banana Pancakes with Butter Syrup


This morning I decided that I would make my kids pancakes instead of cereal.  I decided to save time and use the "Jiffy" baking mix in my pantry.  Here is the recipe:



Banana Pancakes with Butter Syrup

"Jiffy" baking mix
1-2 bananas, smashed
1 TBSP flax
Milk

Make the pancake mix as directed on the box.  Add in bananas and flax (I added it to give it a little more nutrition).  Mix in a little more milk to make batter the right consistency.  Cook like normal pancakes!

BUTTER SYRUP
(I got this recipe from my old neighbor, Annie.  We love it!)

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 C Buttermilk
1 tsp. Vanilla

Melt butter on low heat.  Once the butter is melted, add sugar, buttermilk and baking soda.  Bring to a boil (it will get really foamy).  You just want to get the sugar liquified.  I just pick up some with a spoon and dump it back in the pot.  When there's no grains left it's done.  Remove from heat.  Add vanilla, stir, and serve.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Mmmm! The butter syrup sounds delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...